Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport asphalt and aggregate to and from specified locations, with or without a loaded equipment trailer.
- Load and unload equipment from trailer.
- Specific to asphalt: properly load the truck at the asphalt plant, tarp the load, proceed to the job site staging area, line up centered in front of the paver, pay attention to the paver operator / dump man, dump asphalt as directed, exit quickly and proceed to the clean-out area if necessary.
- Perform necessary pre/post shift equipment inspections.
- Work safely at all times, observing all company policies, OSHA Regulations, and site-specific requirements and policies.
- Always use proper PPE.
- Safely operate power tools (demo saws, compaction equipment, generators, air compressors, etc.).
- Must have a collaborative attitude and willingness to perform any work that is required including general labor tasks which may include shoveling, lifting, etc.
- Show up to work on time dependably.
- Must be able to work overtime including Saturdays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with clean driving record. Hazmat endorsement a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience driving material haul trucks. Asphalt experience preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically fit and able to perform job duties including frequent use of hands, arms, legs and whole body;
- long periods of balance, standing or sitting; frequent walking, climbing, bending and/or lifting objects in excess of 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise.
- Weekly compensation
- Health Insurance – 50% paid for the employee (1st of month after 30 days)
- Life Insurance, $25,000 – 100% paid for the employee (1st of month after 30 days)
- Paid vacation available after 6 months.
- Year-end bonus.